What would we like to see under our “Tech-mas Tree”? New Year’s Resolutions and the top 10 EdTech Christmas Carols. Special Musical Guest: Darcy Hendriks.
Top Tech-Mas Toys
What we hope to find in our Tech-mas Tree this year…
Darcy – iPhone 7 in my stocking, please
- Google Cardboard
- Or kick it up a notch and get me Google Daydream (https://vr.google.com/daydream/ )
- Breakout EDU – with the new Breakout EDU Reflection Cards http://www.breakoutedu.com/reflectioncards/
- Doodle3D app (released in Feb. ‘17) 3D design for Elementary School students( http://doodle3d.com/ ) & 3D printers for the MakerLab
- Logic Puzzles! http://silentteacher.toxicode.fr Silent Teacher. Really fast & fun. You’ll get a feel for Python and have fun doing it.
- CodeKata is all logic, all of the time. Fun! http://codekata.pragprog.com/2007/01/code_kata_backg.html#more
- CodingBat supports Java and Python, requiring the student to right the missing code. Fun! http://codingbat.com/
Top Ten EdTech Christmas Carols
- Go Text Ye Merry Gentlemen
- Silent Mode
- Go Tell It All On Facebook
- Little Coder Boy
- Twitter Wonderland
- Oh Holy Cow! (The WiFi is not Working…)
- Download All Ye Faithful
- We Wish You a Merry Captcha
- Let it Sync, Let it Sync, Let it Sync
- What File is This?
New Year’s Resolutions
- (Dennis) Build my own 3D printer.
- (Chris) Actually become proficient using Data Bases
- (Darcy) Start that online master’s degree…..