Simple Uses?The uses for this are simply that you get inbox zero, so instead I’m going to list some of the tips provided on the inbox zero blog:
- Give yourself a fresh start - create a folder and any emails older than 10 days old, drag them into that folder and then start from there.
- Create templates - think through the emails you send often (thank you emails, website links, due dates, etc.) create a template and use the template!
- Honestly ask yourself, am I ever actually going to read/answer that email? If it’s been sitting in your inbox for over a month. Probably not.
- Become ok with saying, “I don’t know.” If you are going to have to look up the answer, let the person asking the question do that.
- Use the tools your email client provides - link to your calendar, use delayed sending, create folders and smart mailboxes. All of these tools are designed to help make your email more efficient for you.