Rethinking Learning Spaces
- A couple of pieces from OECD on the topic: http://www.oecd.org/edu/innovation-education/centreforeffectivelearningenvironmentscele/43834191.pdf
- Technology-enabled active learning environments: an appraisal: http://www.oecd.org/education/innovation-education/centreforeffectivelearningenvironmentscele/45565315.pdf
- Blended is already here and is so broadly defined that it is perhaps helpful to group “blended” into categories as per the Christensen Institute’s models approach: http://www.christenseninstitute.org/blended-learning-definitions-and-models/. International schools in Asia have been swimming in these waters for years. Being conscious of that fact, and having a willingness to research and apply best practices through that lens may be where we can most productively focus our energies.
What were you doing 10 years ago? Technology Trends from 2005…
- Wifi will be everywhere
- Video on phones
Look back to EdTech Trends from 2005.
- Blogging & RSS
- Web 1.0 to Web 2.0
Where are we going?
- My stuff on any device. Leveraging the Cloud.
- “Making” as curriculum. Knowing the answer is not enough, you also need to produce a product. PBL 2.0?